Design & Artwork Tips/Info
Let our professional graphic designers keep your company artwork up to date and looking sharp. Our design team provides creative solutions through experience and originality.
If you provide your own artwork, trying to keep charges for
artwork/design/typesetting as low as possible, please read
the following information.
- Mac OS and Windows:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Quark XPress
- Macromedia Freehand
We do not support: Word, Publisher, MS Excel, Access, Corel Word Perfect (these programmes are not designed for and should not be used for multi colour offset printing, these types of files take longer to prepare for print therefore incurring higher charges).
When providing artwork for print, you will need to inform us what fonts you have used (so we can check if we have these fonts available), or PDF files should be supplied with fonts embedded.
We recommend all artwork to be supplied as PDF. Other available Formats: PDF, TIFF, JPG, EPS files.
Measurements / Printing page sizes (excluding bleed)
- BC 90mm x 54mm (94x58mm, with 2mm bleed)
- DL 99mm x 210mm (103x214mm, with 2 bleed)
- A6 148 mm x 105mm (152x109mm, with 2mm bleed)
- A5 148mm x 210mm (152x214mm, with 2mm bleed)
- A4 210mm x 297mm (214x301mm, with 2mm bleed)
- A3 297mm x 420mm (301x424mm, with 2mm bleed)
- A2 420mm x 594mm (424x598mm, with 2mm bleed)
- A1 594mm x 840mm (598x844mm, with 2mm bleed)
- A0 840mm x 1189mm (844x1193mm, with 2mm bleed)
- Any elements that bleed must extend at least 2-3 mm outside the trim area, for Books allow for 5mm bleed (Bleed is when an illustration, background or image is extended beyond the trim edge of the page. This allows for a small amount of movement that may occur when the page is being cut to size.)
- All documents must be set to the actual printed size
- Do not use rules narrower than 0.3 points. (These may not appear in the final printed product)
- 1-up on a single page
- Convert your text to paths, curves or outlines or supply the fonts utilised in your file
- Please ensure that all images are 300dpi or higher when placed at 100%
- Tints set at less than 5% or over 95% may drop off or appear as solid
- All links are embedded
- Nominate all colours as CMYK or Pantones (PMS), CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) – these are the colours used for full-colour printing. For a Pantone (PMS) colours, the artwork must be supplied containing only the PMS colours. The PMS colours must be selected from the Pantone Solid Uncoated range (for printing on bond paper).
- If mailing your material please include a colour or a black & white proof copy of your file (reminder: include all fonts, scans and linked items)
- Do not embed EPS files inside other EPS files. Nesting EPS files can cause output errors and substantially increase processing time.
- Border, a margin/strip around the outer edge of the artwork.
Recommended Production Tips
Remove any unwanted elements on the pasteboard or abscured by other items. Ensure picture boxes are coloured white except for deep etched images. When placing images in the document, round off enlargement / reduction percentages. For optimum result, do not enlarge images more than 30%. Images should not be rotated within the picture box although picture boxes may be rotated. Rotations should also be rounded off. Check EPS files linked to the document and delete any elements not destined to print.
- Celloglaze is a plastic film heat bonded to printed products such as business cards, flyers, book covers and postcards. This provides protection, as well as a matt or gloss finish. It can be applied to one side, or both sides.
- Half Fold is a method of folding where the paper is folded in half down the centre of the page.
- Roll Fold is a method of folding in which the two panels on the edge of the page fold in over the centre panel.
- Z Fold is a method of folding in which each fold opens in the opposite direction to its neighbour, giving a pleated effect.
- Saddle Stitch is a form of binding used to create magazines and booklets, the magazine or booklet is stapled through the middle fold of its sheet using two wire staples.
- Perfect Bindingis a form of booklet making in which all pages are glued along the spine using special adhesive.
Screen colours are never accurate; please check your CMYK or Pantone (PMS) specifications.
Any files received in any other colour format (i.e.: RGB, Lab, HSB) will still be printed and may not reproduce as your expectations; Copecats Printers will not be responsible for any colour variations/errors.
- Phone: 07 5443 3031 / E-mail: info©copecatsprinters.com.au
Commercial Printers since 1977